*Free tuition for eligible individuals, see terms and conditions
Learn key aspects of Project Management in our short courses, Cert IV and Diploma
See what you can gain from a business administration traineeship
We have rooms specialised for telecommunications, safe work practices, a workshop and more!
Need more time in the day? An apprentice or trainee can be the perfect solution.
Check out our vacancies or apply for our waiting list
- Are you doing enough to protect your employees’ personal information? November 20, 2018
- Minister for Women Jacquie Petrusma calls on women to take up trades November 20, 2018
- Here’s why women should move into the trades November 8, 2018
- Apprentices and trainees at the heart of 2018 NECA Education & Careers Excellence Awards November 2, 2018
- NECA Education & Careers launches Telecommunications Traineeship October 25, 2018
- Where is your apprentice attending trade school? October 25, 2018
- Paying for apprentice training: A simple breakdown October 25, 2018
- 3 tips for managing apprentice progression October 24, 2018
- Incentives for employers leasing apprentices: a clear breakdown October 17, 2018
- New and innovative training for household solar batteries in Victoria October 11, 2018
Leaders in Apprenticeships and Group Training Programs
NECA Education & Careers is not your ‘run of the mill’ Trade School or Group Training Organisation (we just turned 26!). It is a business which thrives on delivering great customer service to everyone who walks through our doors.
Our customers range from pre-apprentices/apprentices to trainees to top tier electrical contractors. If you are looking for an electrician course to grow your career or join us as a trainee, we have the right solution for you. If you are looking for a trainee or apprentice we have the right candidate to ensure the success of your projects
We let companies focus on getting the job done by providing them with kick ass trainees and apprentices and doing all the ‘boring HR stuff’ (which we love). We educate students to be the best they can be. In work, their personal life and the wider community. We know you can attend trade school anywhere or use any GTO, we don’t pretend to know everything and we own up when we make mistakes. What we also know is that we are different. We are a family, we all connect to our purpose and we are dedicated to making you part of our family too.
“We have sent a number of our electrical apprentices to NECA Education and Careers due to the quality of training they provide, ongoing communication that is received on student progress and the mentoring and support they provide our apprentices. By sending our apprentices to NECA Education and Careers we know that our apprentices will be trained using industry current practices, in key areas that are required by the industry and provided with a safe and supportive environment.” Dan Elliot – Managing Director, Prime
“NECA Education and Careers make it incredibly easy. They advertise, interview, handle payroll, and deal with any issues that may arise. They know what we want, and what values are important to us when they seek candidates for our group. They will only put forward suitable candidates which meet our criteria, they focus on quality and take the relevant time required to find the suitable person” Alexandra Richardson, Oncology Clinics Victoria Business Manager
Our completion rate speaks for itself!
78.4% completion rate compared to the average for Electrotechnology and telecommunications trades workers of 62%
(Based on 2010 Start/Completions, 2014 Completion and Attrition Rates for Apprentices and Trainees, NCVER)
- Screen, recruit and place apprentices and trainees
- Manage induction, timesheets, payroll and entitlements
- Manage work, health and safety and industrial relations; and
- Apprentices and trainees hired from GTO’s are of better quality and therefore more productive. This outcome occurs because both apprentice/trainees and host employers receive mentoring support, which results in host employers being able to better manage the apprentice/trainee
(source: SVA Consulting Report – GTO-Baseline Social Return on Investment – June 2015)