Estimating Stage 2
|Course Name||Estimating Stage 2|
|Duration||2 days (8am-4pm)|
|Mode of Study||On-Campus|
|Next Intake||22/10/2018 to 29/10/2018 - see below for more dates|
Building on the skills acquired in Stage 1 this course will provide you with accurate and profitable estimating skills as well as undertaking practical construction of an estimate from the receipt of the tender documents, through the practical take off and pricing to final submission of the tender.
Note: This course is scheduled to provide time between day one and two to allow you to complete set work tasks.
Course DatesPlease note: Course commencement is subject to numbers. Please refer to our refund policy for more information.
|Time of day||Start Date||Availability|
Estimating Stage 2
(Monday X 2 weeks)
|22/10/2018 to 29/10/2018||Register|
The course covers knowledge and skills including:
- Ascertaining Project Viability
- Variable Job Factors
- Labour & Materials Ratios
- Pricing for Profit
- Factors Affecting Project Viability
- Role of Pricing
- Calculation of Hourly Return
- Direct Job Expenses & Overhead
- Adjusting the Bid to Ensure Viability
- Job Reconciliation
- Practical Application of Take-off
- Determining Mark-up
- The Mechanics of Take-off
- Post Tender Analysis
- Estimating Procedure
- Constructing the Tender Letter
- Calculation of “on-site” Hourly Rate
- Application of Labour Units
- Types of Costing
- Function of Take-off Schedule
- 5 Phases of Summarising Selling Price
- Various Approaches to Take-off
- Relationship Between Tender & Bid Price
- Sequence of Take-off
- Contractual Obligations of the Bid
- Accuracy of Measurement
- Common Forms of Tender Documents
- Checking the Runs
- Conditions of Tender
- Choice of Labour to Material Units
- Components of Expended Labour.
Included in this course you will receive a copy of “Electrical Estimator’s Labour Unit Manual” and how to course notes for free (valued at $120).
Estimating Electrotechnology Projects – Fundamental Stage 1 or Registered Electrical Contractor (Business) (RECB) at NECA Education & Careers (No other providers will be recognised).