|Course Name||Optical Fibre|
|Duration||2 days (8am-4pm)|
|Mode of Study||On-Campus (Victoria)|
|Next Intake||30/03/2019 to 31/03/2019 - see below for more dates|
Stay at the forefront of high-speed connectivity & communications with Optical Fibre Training. NECA Education & Careers have partnered with Molex to bring you Optical Fibre Training using state of the art equipment that you will be using on site to pace, secure, test and terminate optical fibre cable in new installations and upgrades existing networks in domestic, commercial and industrial installations.
Course DatesPlease note: Course commencement is subject to numbers. Please refer to our refund policy for more information.
|Time of day||Start Date||Availability|
|30/03/2019 to 31/03/2019||Register|
|18/05/2019 to 19/05/2019||Register|
You will learn about:
- Optical fibre cable and components
- Light propagation
- Fibre characteristics and performance
- Fibre installations and terminations
- Field-testing techniques and compliance
- Industry Code of Practice, licences, regulations and standards
This course includes the following units of competency: ICTCBL302- Install and terminate optical fibre on customer premises.
Once you have completed the course, you can apply your cabler registration. For information on how to become a registered cabler and costs associated click here.
Nil, however refer to our selection criteria
NECA Education & Careers require one of the following:
- ICTCBL237; or
- Open Cablers Registration
Plus have permanent residency in Victoria and are either:
- An Australian citizen (including dual citizens), or
- A New Zealand citizen (including dual citizens), or
- An Australian permanent resident, or
- A holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa.
NECA Education & Careers reserves the right to refuse entry to a course if you do not meet the selection criteria.