|Course Name||Grid Connect|
|Duration||6 days (8am-4pm)|
|Mode of Study||On-Campus (Victoria)|
|Next Intake||20/04/2018 to 29/04/2018 - see below for more dates|
Renewable energy has just been voted back onto the agenda and this time it’s here to stay. The world is going electric and here we offer the courses that will put you and your company at the front of the pack.
Expand your knowledge and skills to understand energy audits, design and compliance in order to be ready to supply home owners and business with the equipment they need to both reduce their energy usage and generate their own cheaper clean energy.
These units are the pre-requisite qualification necessary to apply for provisional Grid Connect Design & Install of PV Systems Accreditation from the Clean Energy Council. Accreditation is necessary to claim the benefit of trading in small technology certificates which is effectively a regulated pollution producer’s subsidy towards renewable energy generation.
Course DatesPlease note: Course commencement is subject to numbers. Please refer to our refund policy for more information.
|Time of day||Start Date||Availability|
(Friday, Saturday & Sunday X 2 weeks)
|20/04/2018 to 29/04/2018||Register|
(Monday - Saturday)
|04/06/2018 to 09/06/2018||Register|
This course runs over five days and will provide you with the necessary qualifications to apply for accreditation from the Clean Energy Council for the Grid Connect PV Systems accreditation.
This course includes the following unit competencies:
- UEENEEK125A – Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus and systems
- UEENEEK135A – Design photovoltaic grid connected power supply systems
- UEENEEK148A – Install, configure and commission photovoltaic grid connected power systems
Which covers design briefs, incorporating schemes for protection of persons and property from dangers of system malfunction, ensuring other safety and performance standards and functional requirements are met and documenting design calculations and criteria. The skills and knowledge required to complete the installation, adjustment and set-up of photovoltaic (PV) power systems and connecting to a supply grid inverter. It encompasses working safely and to installation standards, matching components with that specified for a given location, placing and securing system components accurately, making required circuit connections and completing the necessary installation documentation. And then provide them with the ability to find solutions to predictable problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus and systems operated at extra low voltage and low voltage.
For more information on how to apply for your accreditation and costs associated, check out Clean Energy Council.
Electrician (supervised) Worker’s Licence
Statement of Attainment which includes the following units:
- UEENEEE104A – Solve problems in d.c. circuits
- UEENEEE137A – Document and apply measures to control OHS risks associated with electrotechnology work
- UEENEEG103A – Install low voltage wiring and accessories
And one of the following
- UEENEEG106A – Terminate cables, cords and accessories for low voltage circuits OR
- UEENEEE108A – Lay wiring/cabling and terminate accessories for extra-low voltage (ELV) circuits
You must have permanent residency in Victoria and be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen (including dual citizens), or
- A New Zealand citizen (including dual citizens), or
- An Australian permanent resident, or
- A holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa.
NECA Education & Careers reserves the right to refuse entry to a course if you do not meet the selection criteria.