|Course Name||Open Registration|
|Duration||40 hrs (weekends)|
|Mode of Study||On Campus (Victoria)|
|Next Intake||28/07/2018 to 05/08/2018 - see below for more dates|
Don’t be stuck in the dark ages, Open Registration has become a necessity for all things internet. Doesn’t matter what project you’re working on; networking, data and voice cabling will be a part of the scope of works.
All cabling work, including telephone, data, fire and security alarm systems cabling, that connects with the telecommunications network must be performed by a registered cabler or under the direct supervision of a registered cabler.
An Open Registration Licence enables you to legally install and maintain telephone, security and fire alarm cabling in all types of premises – however, please be aware that there are further training requirements for working with data cabling, coaxial cabling, or optical fibre installations.
Please note: please check the pre-requisites before registering.
Course DatesPlease note: Course commencement is subject to numbers. Please refer to our refund policy for more information.
|Time of day||Start Date||Availability|
(Weekend X 2)
|28/07/2018 to 05/08/2018||Register|
(Weekend X 2)
|08/09/2018 to 16/09/2018||Register|
(Weekend X 2)
|10/11/2018 to 18/11/2018||Register|
The unit of competency (UEENEEF102A) covers knowledge and skills including:
- The Wiring Rules (AS/CA S009:2013)
- Basic telephony and switching systems
- MDF/BD installation/jumpering and associated records
- Building cabling design
- Mandatory exam on AS/CA S009:2013
- Terminate Cable
- Install cabling from socket to socket within a customer premises
- Describing the composition of a Telephone Cabling System
- Correct methods of equipotential bonding according to the ACMA Technical Standards
- Recognising and be able to update cabling records correctly
NECA Education & Careers will only be issuing the Statement of Attainment not the letter endorsing the cabling hours. Refer to the ACMA website for requirements for obtaining an Open Registration Licence.
For information on how to become a registered cabler click here
Electrician (Supervised) Worker’s Licence
Statement of Attainment with the following units of competency:
- UEENEEE107A; and
- Written confirmation from a registered cabler that you have had in excess of 360 hours of practical experience in electrical wiring installation, fault finding, testing and reading of wiring diagrams
Plus refer to our selection criteria
You must have permanent residency in Victoria and be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen (including dual citizens), or
- A New Zealand citizen (including dual citizens), or
- An Australian permanent resident, or
- A holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa.
NECA Education & Careers reserves the right to refuse entry to a course if you do not meet the selection criteria.