Mike Purnell – NECA Director
Michael Purnell was appointed as a board member in August 2012.
Michael is an experienced General Manager in the electrical contracting industry, with 13 years as General Manager of Nilsen (Vic).
Currently Mike is a company director and company advisor and is a director of CoINVEST Limited, ElecNet (Aust) Pty Ltd, and of NECA Victoria (Councillor), NECA National (Councillor & Executive Committee) as well as private companies in the construction industry.
Previous directorships include Defender Pty Ltd, Chloride (Aust), Boffa & Russo.
Mike has previously held the following positions:
- General Manager Nilsen 2000 – 2013. Nilsen is an electrical construction company undertaking projects such as the Desalination plant, Bendigo Hospital, North South Pipeline, RACV Club, Next DC Data centres, Lucas Heights nuclear reactor, Melbourne Airport terminals, Melbourne Market, Melbourne Synchrotron.
- General Manager Chloride Hytek
- Principal Consulting Clarke & Company Management Consultants
- Senior Manager PWC
- Regional Finance Controller Phillips Industries
- Regional Finance Controller Motorola
Mike’s principal experience is in rebuilding businesses that are in financial distress and on a number of occasions selling those businesses. The key focus is rebuilding profitability, teams and refinancing. The background to that experience is working at PwC, other consulting firms and with the banks in Australia, Asia and the USA.