Engineering Manufacturing (Fitter & Turner) Apprenticeship
|Location:||Victoria and Tasmania|
|Qualification:||Certificate III in Engneering Mechanical trade|
Engineering is in most parts of our lives, from the phone we use, the car we drive, the tram and the train we travel on, to the house we live in, all of which wouldn’t be without engineers.
You will learn how to shape and fabricate metal. You will learn to weld, cut, shape, assemble and fit metal in production and maintenance both manually and with computers. It is a precise, highly technical field with many careers and directions.
- Four years commitment
- Attending paid work with a ‘‘host employer’ for the duration of the apprenticeship
- Attend off-the-job training with a Registered Training Organisation
- Successfully complete all requirements.
Ideal personal requirements to be a fitter and turner include:
- Enjoy mathematical and technical activities
- Strong numerical skills
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Good hand skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to undertake precise and detailed work.
- You earn while you learn
- Annual Leave
- Personal Leave
- Nationally recognised qualification
- Dedicated Industry Careers Consultant, who will guide you every step of the way, from the day they interview you, through to completion. Whether this is one, two or four years from now, your Industry Careers Consultant will always be there for you to discuss training needs, workplace performance or to have a general chat about work or life, or both.
- A head start to your career!