|Location:||Victoria and Tasmania|
|Qualification:||Certificate III in Horticulture, Parks and Gardens|
Do you enjoy working outdoors; have a passion for the environment and plants, manual tasks and creating spaces that communities can enjoy?
Then a Horticulture apprenticeship could be just for you.
Horticulturist may perform the following tasks:
- Learn to propagate, plant, cultivate and maintain gardens, trees, turf pitches, flowers and nurseries
- Plan, design and construct gardens and irrigation systems
- Landscaping including construction of walls and features such as pools and all manner of natural and man-made objects
- Up to four years commitment
- Attending paid work with a ‘host employer’ for the duration of the apprenticeship
- Attend off-the-job training with a Registered Training Organisation
- Successfully complete all requirements.
- Passion for the garden
- Good hand skills
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Eye for detail and design
- Like the outdoors and physical work
- You earn while you learn
- Annual Leave
- Personal Leave
- Nationally recognised qualification
- Dedicated Industry Careers Consultant, who will guide you every step of the way, from the day they interview you, through to completion. Whether this is one, two or four years from now, your Industry Careers Consultant will always be there for you to discuss training needs, workplace performance or to have a general chat about work or life, or both.
- A head start to your career!