Information Technology Traineeship
|Location:||Victoria and Tasmania|
|Qualification:||Certificate IV or Diploma in Information Technology|
The IT Traineeship program through NECA Education & Careers enables you to gain valuable employment experience, while studying a nationally recognised qualification placing you into an exciting career position!
You will attend a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to obtain a Certificate IV in Information Technology (Networking). A Diploma in Information Technology is also an option. The qualification might differ depending on the type of workplace and business requirements.
You will learn to manage the day-to-day operations for IT systems to make sure that the system runs effectively.
Some tasks performed are but not limited to:
- Providing assistance in testing new equipment and systems
- Supporting and managing the network infrastructure
- Re-imaging, programming and coding
- Installation, maintenance and removal of software systems
- Coordinate system updates and replacement of older versions
- Establish and control systems access and security
- Helpdesk/Desktop support – Level 1 and 2
- Customer service – phone, email and in person
- Provide training in system use and access
- Manage stock in relating to IT, i.e. toners, cables etc.
- Liaising with external stakeholders
- Maintenance of website and Intranet pages
- Documentation, researching
- Talk with managerial, administrative and technical staff to determine information needs, data flows and system definitions
- Implement regular housekeeping procedures, including data backup.
- Positive attitude
- Great technical ability
- Ability to understand complex problems and devise effective solutions
- Work in a team and on your own
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Previous employment will be advantageous but not essential as entry requirements vary from tole to role.
- You earn while you learn
- Annual Leave
- Personal Leave
- Nationally recognised qualification
- 12-18 months professional experience
- Dedicated Industry Careers Consultant, who will guide you every step of the way, from the day they interview you, through to completion. Whether this is one, two or four years from now, your Industry Careers Consultant will always be there for you to discuss training needs, workplace performance or to have a general chat about work or life, or both
- A head start to your career!
“It’s hard to get work, companies are looking for experience, a traineeship gives you both. You can lay the ground work while getting experience.” Anthony Horan, Ticketmaster Trainee