We all know that putting a resume together can feel like the end of the world! Don’t stress, we have sample resumes and advice from our recruitment department that can help you out.
Make sure your cover letter is:
- Up-to-date and applicable to the role you are applying for
- If possible, address it to the person who is listed in the advertisement (not all advertisements will provide this information)
- Outline your interest, skills and experience in a clear and structured format (easy to read and find information)
- Explain why you are applying for the role
Ensure your résumé outlines your:
- Relevant qualifications (if applicable) that meet the requirements of the role.
Don’t stress if you have no formal work experience, you can till show skills through your hobbies. For example Team Player – if you play sport with a team, this demonstrates your a team player or Time Management – if you got all your assignments in on time for school this shows you can manage your time.
Only providing limited or no relevant information, may mean you miss out on securing that all important phone call and interview.