School Reopening – but with a revised timetable
- The trade school will officially re-open on Monday 27 April but with a reduced number of classes to ensure that we comply with advice from the Australian Government in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- A major change is that classes will change from weekly attendance to a 3-week rotating cycle. This means you will come to class every 3rd week.
- Block release classes will continue with a revised schedule.
- You will receive a schedule of new class dates early next week. Please read this carefully to ensure you know when you are required to come to class.
- Term breaks have now been cancelled to ensue we can keep delivering classes in this reduced capacity.
- We are posting regular updates on our website so please check in regularly.
Remote Learning Update
- We have been working hard to prepare for flexible delivery for some units where this is possible. The teaching model will split delivery between class time and remote learning.
- We are rolling this out to only a SMALL group of 1st and 2nd year classes.
- You will be notified if your class is participating in the remote learning option.
- We are starting with only a select number of units and to classes who have already been using Moodle for their assessments.
Advice for students who have lost their jobs or been stood down
- Please advise Student Services as soon as possible and they will call you to discuss your personal circumstances. Contact Student Services.
- You will be able to continue to attend classes as per your class schedule.
NECA Education & Careers has implemented strict social distancing measures on campus to minimise the risk of transmission. This includes spreading out seating and tables in classrooms to allow for more space between people in accordance with the government guidelines on social distancing.
We ask students to follow social distancing guidelines during breaks and lunchtimes when they are off campus.
We are also continuing to undertake increased cleaning and hygiene practices. This is in addition to our regular cleaning services.
NECA Education & Careers would like to reassure our students that we continue to follow advice from the Australian Government in relation to Coronavirus. The safety and wellbeing of our students, staff and our wider community continue to be our highest priority. Currently, there are no suspected or confirmed cases of the virus at our Lygon Street campus. Please continue to follow guidelines and not attend class if you:
- Feel unwell
- Have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- Are living with anyone who has had to self-isolate; or
- Have been in contact with anyone who has contracted COVID-19.
We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time. If you have any further questions, please contact Student Services.