Training With Us
So do you want to be an electrician? Or are you after electrical training to keep you up-to-date? NECA Education & Careers offers electrical training for the lifetime of your career; from Pre-Apprenticeship to Apprenticeship to Licensing and Registration to Grid Connect, Battery Storage, Data & Comms, and business know-how.
- We are the only Victorian Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that is electrical industry owned and operated
- Links to the electrical industry on a national level and a presence on various committees to improve electrical employment, training and safety
- Purpose built state-of-the-art facilities
- Links with employers across industrial, commercial and domestic sectors
- Each year we train approximately 700 electrical apprentices, 130 pre-apprentices and 2000 electricians/electrical contractors through industry courses.
Our results speak for themselves!
83.8% Proportion of VET students who were satisfied with training provided by NECA Education and Careers Ltd.
92.7% Proportion of VET students who achieved their main reason for training.
85.0% Proportion of VET students who would recommend NECA Education and Careers Ltd.
82.0% Proportion of employers who were satisfied with training provided by NECA Education and Careers Ltd.
Source: Victorian Department of Education and Training, NECA Education and Careers Ltd (21098) 2019 RTO Performance
Summary Report. Click here to read the full report.
Licensed Electrician Practical Room
Our ‘LEP’ room allows for students to perform testing and get an understanding of why and the methodology used for testing required under AS/NZS 3000. This includes:
- Mandatory tests
- Why test earth continuity
- Why test insulation resistance and polarity
- Why test for correct circuit connections, Earth Fault Loop Impedance and RCDs
- Fault loop examples and testing insulation resistance
- Testing socket outlet polarity/earthing/switching/legend/interconnections
- Testing earthed or bonded items from a socket outlet and testing circuit neutral interconnections
The telecommunications rooms allows for simulated work performances and associated development projects that offers practical on the job telecommunications projects/installations. This includes planning, installing, labeling, testing and completing required documentation for the installation of communication cabling.
Our workshop offers students an environment that allows for the theory to become reality!
The Workshop comprises working areas with the corrals to allow for practical learning. The workshop also includes workbenches to carry out workshop actives such as:
- Switchboard wiring
- Simulated house wiring
- Lighting & power circuits
- Test equipment i.e. motors & appliances
- Steel metal work ie tool boxes
- Fix and secure apparatus
You can do it all in our purpose-built workshop.
Room 5 – Blue Panels
Room 5 contains panels which provide both teachers and students the opportunity to study the behaviour and measure the performance of electrical circuits and components plus practical activities for lighting and power factor correction.
The panels provide an integrated workstation, where electrical circuits can be built, tested and evaluated, with all the necessary equipment contained in one safe enclosure.