Walk this way and switch on your career during our Open Day
2018 Open Day dates: Sunday 19 August 10am-2pm AND Wednesday 22 August 9am-3pm
Have you ever been given the opportunity to walk a day in the life of your preferred career path? Or been elbows deep in a true life situation in which they may one day find themselves?
NECA Education & Careers is inviting you to #Walkthisway on our Open Day.
#Walkthisway will have you stripping cable, fitting off Socket Outlets (GPO/Powerpoints), drawing up circuit diagrams, introduced to storage for solar and having a chat with real current apprentices about the real sparky lifestyle #goingtothebeachat4
The day will include:
- Walk a day in the life of an apprentice – Talk with our current apprentices, be introduced to some necessary everyday tool skills or hone your already existing awesomeness
- NECA Pre-Selection Assessment – Industry recognized and accepted…This is the test you need to kill to get noticed! Over 1,000 electrical contractors get the results list and use it to recruit their new Apprentices. If there is ever a way to get noticed this is the way you want to do it. $5 for students participating on Open Day, normally $55 (Wednesday – School Group Bookings only).
- Prizes and Giveaways – The standard lucky-son-of-a-pigeon door prize
- Pre-Apprenticeship walkup signups available on the day
- Facility Tours #Walkthisway
- Chat with our recruitment department about positions available
- Hear from electrical contractors
- Fox FM Hit Squad
- Food truck for your culinary pleasure
Plus we have information sessions, so you can get as much info as possible!!!
Presented by our Recuitment Team
What is an apprenticeship
Presented by Apprenticeship Support Australia
What it’s like to work with us
Presented by NECA Education & Careers & Programmed Electrical Technologies
Intro to Electrotechnology
Presented by NECA Education & Careers
Come along with your students to #Walkthisway and go into the draw to win $500 worth of equipment for your school! Terms and conditions apply (said very quickly in a deep and unrecognizable voice.)
We would love it if you could broadcast in your newsletter prior to the event.
For more than 30 years the National Electrical and Communication Association (NECA) on behalf of the electrical contracting industry, has been conducting a pre-selection assessment for students interested in an electrical career.
NECA Victoria in conjunction with NECA Education & Careers will deliver the NECA Pre-Selection Assessment on during our Open Day for $5 (nomally $55)!
The assessment covers both numeracy and literacy and is highly regarded by employers in the industry as it provides an assessment for candidates from an industry standpoint. A successful result in the assessment will enhance the entry prospects of those interested in electrical apprenticeships. Applicants who successfully undertake the assessment can provide employers with evidence that the applicant has the potential to successfully complete an electrical apprenticeship, particularly the off-the-job or TAFE component of the apprenticeship.
Pre-Selection Sample Questions (135 downloads) Before you sit the NECA Pre-Selection assessment give these a go to test your knowledge before you sit the assessment!
Book your NECA Pre-Selection Assessment here.
For school group bookings, contact us.
NECA Victoria issues each candidate a letter with their results – this letter can be used when applying for positions. Letters will be sent in late September.
The results of the Pre-Selection Assessment are circulated to prospective employers by NECA (provided of course that the person has given approval for this on the NECA privacy/consent form).
These prospective employers will make contact directly with those candidates they wish to interview. There are no guarantees that you will be invited to an interview.